Child Support & Modification/Enforcement

Supporting Your Child—And You

Once a Texas court establishes a child support order, only a court-approved modification due to material and substantial change of circumstances can alter your obligation to follow it. Unless a non-paying parent receives a modification, he/she can be subjected to enforcement proceedings.

Modifying a Child Support Agreement

Circumstances can and do change during the time that passes after a divorce. If your new situation makes a current child support agreement unworkable, it is possible to obtain a court-ordered modification that accurately and fairly reflects your personal or professional situation.

Examples of such circumstances include:

  • Changes in the child’s financial needs
  • Changes in either parent’s income
  • Relocation of either parent
  • The custodial parent’s remarriage

If you are seeking to modify your child support agreement or your former spouse is pursuing a modification that would adversely affect you, Robert Von Dohlen will diligently protect your rights.

Enforcing A Child Support Agreement

When your former spouse is refusing to obey a child support order, Texas law provides legal processes to compel payment, such as:

  • Wage garnishment
  • Interception of unemployment insurance and tax refunds
  • Property execution
  • Lien filing
  • Suspension of one’s driver’s license

If these administrative measures fail to achieve results, we may apply to the court to enforce a child support order by issuing money judgments for arrears and even ordering probation or a jail sentence for the noncustodial parent.

No matter what child support challenge you are struggling with, let the Von Dohlen Law Firm protect your interests. Call us today at (713) 443-6730 or click here to contact us and schedule a consultation.